A fundamental function of Greenspace – The Cambria Land Trust is to acquire, restore and protect environmentally important properties that are threatened by overdevelopment or neglect. To date, Greenspace has saved 20 properties, permanently withdrawing most from development. These serve as wild areas, pocket parks, and cultural resources. The largest of these is Strawberry Canyon, a 21-acre wooded area with a walking trail and benches for enjoying the sights and sounds of the forest.
Greenspace accepts gifts of environmentally critical land from owners who would like to protect it from development. We also purchase properties with the help of donors, landowners, government agencies and other conservancies.
In both gift and purchase agreements, we include a requirement for a permanent maintenance endowment for the land. We restore our properties as grant and community funding allows, with the removal of non-native plant species and a certain percentage of dead trees, leaving snags for wildlife habitat, and planting healthy seedlings and native plants. Please contact our office at (805) 927-2866 or email@example.com for any inquiries into donating or selling land to Greenspace.
Open to the public. 22 acres at Kay Street & Burton
Greenspace worked with 70 neighbors and donors to fund the purchase of pine and oak woodland in three parcels. Endowed by Greenspace and local property owners. Includes a great hiking loop and is open to the public daily.
Closed to the public. 5 acres at Pickwick & London Lane
Donated by Harold Fitzwater & Margaret Randall
Open to the public. 1.7 acres at Center St. & Hesperian in downtown Cambria.
The scenic Creekside Reserve in the historic east village of Cambria lies along Santa Rosa Creek. The reserve harbors a fully restored Chinese Temple, part of a larger cultural center and gathering place for Chinese immigrants who worked harvesting seaweed and abalone for export to China or in the mercury mines in the Santa Lucia foothills.
Open to the public. 1 acre on Pineridge Drive.
Donated in part by Walt & Kate Sterling, purchased in part from B
Open to the public. 1/3 acre at Wilton & Burton. Donated by Allen and Jeanne Peters and endowed by the Land Ethic Action Foundation.
To learn more about the Native Garden, click the link below!
Open to the public. 1/4 acre at Wales &
Donated by Greenspace, Lillian Gleischer, the Knight Family and The Archaeological Conservancy (TAC)
Open to the public. 1/4 acre at Windsor & Atwell
Donated & endowed by The Greenberg Family
Open to the public. 1/5 acre at Pineridge & Ellis
Donated by Top of The World Neighbors
Closed to the public. 8500 square feet at Sheffield & Cornwell
Donated by The Yamamoto Family
Open to the public. 6375 square feet at Emerson North of Ardath
Donated by The Marshall Family
Closed to the public. 4725 square feet at Hillcrest & Sunbury
Donated by The Yamamoto Family
Open to the public. 3750 square feet at
Dorking & Rodman
Donated & endowed by The Green Family
Open to the public. 3500 sq ft at Marjorie & Wallace
Open to the public. 2500 square feet at Margate & Burton Circle
Donated by The Gearhart Family
Open to the public. 3500 sq ft at Pierce & Merlyn
Open to the public. 1635 Burton Dr.
Donated by Milissa Iger
Open to the public. 1619 Burton Dr.
Established with Greenspace funds
Atwell St. and Windsor Blvd.
Donated and endowed by the Greenberg Family
Legacy gifts commemorate your connection to Cambria's green spaces, enhance ourbeautiful parks and pocket-parks by donating a legacy gift. For information about land trusts, tax benefits, to discuss a property donation or acquisition transaction, please contact the office at 805.927.2866 or firstname.lastname@example.org